Saturday, April 17, 2010

I wished for you...

Hello...

In this entry, I'm going to share with you about my second child, Miza. If you look in the picture to your right, I have four beautiful children. I would have eight children if all of my pregnancies were successful. Yes, out of the eight pregnancies that I experienced, four of them ended up in miscarriages.

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage. I was very devastated after that because I really wanted a baby at that time. But I had wonderful supportive family members who were there for me when I needed them the most. That is still true even till today. Blood is thicker than water!

I had three other miscarriages after I had my first child (my second pregnancy), my son, Fikrie. So, when I discovered that I was pregnant again after going through three consecutive miscarriages, I didn't want to be disappointed again. I sought medical help (I did that for the other pregnancies as well @other clinics...but no success!) at a women's clinic in PJ. The doctor was very positive and told me that I had to be injected with some kind of medication to strengthen my womb. The injection costs about RM100 per jab and I had to take it every other day for the first month, twice a week for the second month and once a week for the third month - all this during my 1st trimester. Let's just say that it was one expensive pregnancy, carrying my second child!

However, it was all worth it! After the first trimester was over and everything was well, I had a wonderful and stress-free pregnancy. But I had to go through about 12 hours of labour as the baby was induced as soon as it reach 37 weeks of gestation. Again that was worth it because three years after my son was born, I gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby daughter. Now my family was complete... a son and a daughter!

Several years later, while driving with my two kids who were sitting in the passenger seats behind, I heard my children talking amongst themselves. My son was about 7 years old and my daughter was about 4 years of age. I was at that time pregnant with my third child. They were talking about the new baby that was soon to arrive when my son, Fikrie said to Miza, "You know when you were in Umi's tummy Miza, I wished for you, like I'm wishing for the baby in Umi's tummy now."

Fikrie was only three years old when he wished for his baby sister. I let you ponder on that thought for a while.

Cheers,
Fazz

3 comments:

  1. how did he remember that he wish for miza???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Qiha: I don't know...but it must have been really profound and that he really was ready for another sibling la kut....

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...this is a really really sweet entry. i almost cried reading it cos it's so touching. i never know this pun. i hope aimar wished for zariya too back then.

    btw, bila start buat blog nih? jgn halfway thru mcm mama cukup...hehe. bt i think u might be updating yours regularly since u dnt have much to do on daily basis : p

    ReplyDelete