Thursday, April 15, 2010

Umi in my heart...

Hello...

In this first entry, I would like to share with you a song that my first son, Fikrie, used to sing when he was about 3 and a half years old. He's now 13. So, we're talking about ten years ago. But, the song really stayed in my heart till today.

It was at the time when the Disney movie Tarzan was popular. I can't really remember what year it was but it was back in the late 1990's or early 2000. The theme song for the movie was sang by Phil Collins, and the song was titled 'You'll be in my heart' (I think). 

My son loved to watch that film (it was one of his favourites...the other one is "A Bug's Life"). So, everytime he wants to drink his milk he would want to watch either one of the films. This phase continues for several months.

After watching Tarzan for several times, he became familiar with the lines and the songs from the film. He would follow Phil Collins sing the theme song whenever the song was played in the film. Being 3 and a half years old...some words that he sang was obviously not that clear. However, one line of the song he sang  very clearly ... the chorus ...'you'll be in my heart'. But instead of the word "You'll" , he would sing "Umi in my heart, Umi in my heart" ....! UMI ... which means 'mother' in Arabic is what my chiqlits call me.

Everytime he sings that, I would laugh... joy & happiness! Who wouldn't...my 3 and a half years old son is singing that I'm in his heart! Any mother would melt...well...I did! Till this day, I can never forget that and whenever I share with him and his other siblings about this, I would get lots of hugs from them!

Cheers,
Fazz 

No comments:

Post a Comment